Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Study: Google Now Displays Rich Answers For 19.45% Of Queries
Rich answers are now displaying for targeted queries at a rate of 19.45% for targeted queries, according to a new study by Stone Temple Consulting.
- How Travel Advertisers Should Actually Be Using Search Marketing Benchmarks
Contributor Lori Weiman of The Search Monitor shares data to help travel and hospitality marketers gauge their success.
- How To Use Fetch As Googlebot Like An SEO Samurai
For those of you not familiar with this feature in Google Webmaster Tools, contributor John Lincoln explores its capabilities in depth.
- Google Testing A Red “Slow” Label In The Search Results For Slower Sites
Is your site unusually slow? Google is testing a red slow label in the search results that will warn searchers before they click over to your web site.
- Yes, Google Is Testing Green Star Reviews In The Search Results
Google says expect more experiments with the colors of the stars in the search results over the next few months. The green starts some of you are seeing is indeed a test.
- Yahoo Gains Share And Query Volume In Latest comScore Search Report
Firefox deal powers second straight month of growth for Yahoo search.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter Releases Its First Official WordPress Plugin
- Google Now Auto-Converts Flash Display Ads To HTML5 For Mobile
- Data Management Strategies That Drive Marketing Success – March 12 Webcast
- Texas Jury Hands Patent Troll Massive $533 Million Damages Award Against Apple
- The 3 Ad Creative Types Digital Marketers Need To Master
- Google Is Most Talked About Brand Online, But Disney Is Most Loved [Study]
- A Carousel Of Pins: Pinterest Is Testing A Multi-Image Ad Unit
Search News From Around The Web:
- Facebook is starting to rival Google’s online ad dominance, Quartz
- Google Plans New Headquarters, and a City Fears Being Overrun, New York Times
- Watch Webmaster Give It To Google Over Playing By The Rules Without Seeing Results, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Apple expands Maps Flyover support to 9 new locations including Venice, Italy, appleinsider.com
- Apple Maps Adds Yext, GasDaddy, GreatSchools & Other Data Providers, applemapsmarketing.com
- Keeping your maps in check: Introducing the Google Maps API checker, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Majestic Landscapes, Majestic Blog
- Get away with Google Flights, Official Google Blog
- International Search Engines Gaining in the US, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Search Challenge (2/25/15): Finding things with additional property limits, SearchReSearch
- 6 Factors That Will Affect Your SEO Strategy Timeline, SEMrush Blog
- Google Webmaster Tools Sending Warnings To Update WordPress Plugins, Search Engine Roundtable
- Perfectly Safe Directory Submissions Your SEO Process, Search Engine People
- SEO & Content Working Better Together, koozai.com
- SEO Isn’t Dead. It’s Just Different, contently.com
- The Role of Design in SEO Trust Signals, SEMrush Blog
- Use hreflang for multilingual websites, yoast.com
- Websites with Privacy Policies or Terms of Service Pages Do Not Get a Ranking Boost, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- How will Keyword Research for SEO be different in 2015? 28 SEO Pros Weigh In – Keyword Studio, www.keywordstudio.com
- Tools, Insights, Training and More in the Bing Ads Agency Hub, Bing Ads Blog
- Why Moving Towards People-Based Targeting is Essential for PPC Practitioners, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Yahoo Search Share, Google Red Slow Icons & Green Stars appeared first on Search Engine Land.